Thursday, May 3, 2007

Sad day




Today is a sad day. Usually when I get to work, I set my bags down and go talk to Misty my hamster and give her a treat. This morning she didn't respond. I saw her eye peeking from under her blanket, and when I lifted it off I saw that she had died during the night. She was under her blanket and curled in her bed. Hamsters only live around 2 years, she was around 20 months. I had noticed the last few weeks that she wasn't looking good. Yesterday I thought she was looking better. She still was eating and moving about in her cage. I guess old age just caught up with her a little early. We sat at circle time and talked about it with the children. They started pictures and we'll add their words, to make a "book" for Misty.
The bright side of today was when the firetruck with the firemen came. And the captain is a woman. The children sure enjoyed seeing it, talking with the firemen and getting to go inside the firetruck.
( you can see Michelle arranging the children for the picture.)

No comments:

Daily scripture