Thursday, June 14, 2012

So much going on

Georgia has been out of the hospital and rehab for a few weeks now.  She is going to physical therapy a couple days a week.  She still needs to take it slow and easy, after all heart surgery and valve replacement is major. I go over at least once a week to clean for her.  Her apt. is small and the cleaning and mopping can be done in a couple hours.  We visit, I walk her dog and she makes lunch for us both.  Occasionally when I go over I take her shopping, and of course those days are a bit longer. She misses her ministries, visiting shut ins and doing her Bible study group.  I pick her up for church and take her home after. Now that school is out another woman at church is able to go over and help. She will take over the cleaning when I am out of town.

We have a wedding in the L.A. area on Sat.  Dan, Elizabeth, Liz and I will head down to Ojai, to our son's place, in the morning.  Elizabeth and I will head to the wedding Sat. morning.  We have other stuff planned while there.  So it will be a good weekend.  Oh, and for those who know Winston, he is also going, not to the wedding  Dad get's to dog sit the chihuahua while we are at the wedding. He loves to walk and is a good traveler and on the leash. He will also get to meet Sugar the cat, a little bigger then he is.

In the meantime I have been switching around rooms so my niece can have a room of her own when she moves in.  It is hard to believe that she will be here next week.  With all I do and the kids coming to visit I haven't gotten as much done as I'd like.  The bed is in and next week, after we return from Ojai I will have 2 days to finish.  It will be ready for her with the exception of the closet.  I had turned the room into my craft room so the closet is full.  I have another closet to clear out and then  I can move some drawers full of material, sewing supplies and other supplies.  Looks like I am going to have a huge garage sale sometime around the middle of July to the beginning of August.  At which time I will be also making flower girls dresses, and finishing a quilt for my nieces wedding the end of June. Oh, around the middle of July we are going to start getting ready to replace the flooring in our dining area and kitchen.  We'll do the counters and redo the cabinets next year sometime.
I will do the Bridal shower the beginning of August, but that will be at the church so I won't have to worry about the "floors" at my house.  That date will be set soon.
Think I'll go pack now.
God Bless


No comments:

Daily scripture