Tuesday, March 20, 2012

What is new.

So much going on, I don't know where to begin.

A week and half ago, Elizabeth came to visit for a few days. That was really nice, we enjoyed a nice visit and were very glad to see her. She came down with her sister-in-law. She and Ryan are still looking for a place to rent, keep them in your prayers.

This Friday, Dan and I are going up to San Mateo, as my sister-in-law Kellie, is going in for cancer surgery. We want to be there for her. She also needs prayer.

Keith and Liz's wedding plans are moving on. She has her dress and it is beautiful. They worked on the guest list this past weekend.

My niece is getting married the end of June, and I am starting her quilt this week. I am anxious to get that going, along with making some summer pj's for my granddaughter and pj's for my grandson. So glad I go another sewing machine. Now I can keep one for quilting and one for regular sewing.

In June, my niece, Mariah, is moving from Ohio to live with us. She will be going to college out here, and working. It will be a change for her, coming from a small town.

Today we will be attending a life celebration for a dear woman who passed away from cancer last week. We pray for her husband, Gordon. Though he is happy as to where she is now, he will still grieve her after many decades of marriage. She was a faithful Christian.

Now I think it is time for me to go get a map of San Mateo, so I can find my way to the hospital. We will leave around 5 in the morning, her surgery is at 10 AM. We need to allow for work traffic, which can be a real pain in the Bay Area.
Have a great day and God Bless

1 comment:

Dawn said...

Hi, Christa - it has been awhile since we've been "keeping in touch!" Thanks for coming over to visit. You are keeping busy in your retirement, lots of weddings coming up, it seems! I hope it will be a positive experience having a young person living with you again.

Busy is the word around here - the girlies are growing up so much, as you see by the pictures. The twins are such fun, except when they're not! Their personalities are so different. We did have quite a time with Dwight's illness, and are so blessed that he has come through it so well and even was able to go visit Kevin and Angie. My foot continues to cause me trouble, and I don't know what to do because I can't afford the huge deductible, nor the time off my feet, to have surgery. Besides, I am very leary of foot surgery.

Let's keep in touch! I hope your SIL's news is good.

Daily scripture