Monday, January 2, 2012

December 2011

Ryan got his early leave from the Army, so he and Elizabeth were able to join us at her sisters for Thanksgiving, in Colorado. We had a wonderful time visiting our daughter and her husband and of course the grand kids. Sadly after a week we needed to head home. We took Elizabeth and Ryan's dogs home with us ~ while they spent a couple days hiking the gorge at the Grand Canyon. The dogs rode well in the car, which was nice as we drove it in 2 days.
The picture above shows Elizabeth on the computer and I just love the way Winston was relaxing!
Keith turned 27 this year, doesn't seem like it. He came up and had some friends over for his birthday. We had a dinner at the church so we were not there, but when we got home there were still some of his friends over. They had fun.
I love this little candy mouse that a friend made for us. It gives me ideas for next year.
Guinness is a well behaved dog in the house. He is loving, gentle, kind, a good dog. However, we have cats (indoor cats) and that is one thing he doesn't like. I am not worried about the cats but I do worry about the destruction that could happen when he is chasing them. I really wish he liked them because he really is a very well behaved dog in the house. He spends time outside but when we bring him in we put him in the hallway.
Winston decided he was ready for Christmas.
He looked real cute sitting under the Christmas tree.
Keith came up on the 23rd, and he and his fiance went to her moms for Christmas Eve then came back on Christmas morning. Her family likes to open presents right after midnight, on Christmas morning.
We had a wonderful Christmas Eve service at church. I was amazed and happy at the amount of people in attendance. Sunday morning was wonderful also, so many people came to church to celebrate the birth of our Lord!!!!
We opened Christmas gifts with Elizabeth and Ryan (before church), later they went to his parents. We joined them that afternoon~ after Keith and Liz got home, for Christmas dinner. While it may seem strange for some that we shared Christmas dinner with our daughters in-laws, we used to do that with both sets of my grandparents, occasionally, at Christmas time, when I was growing up. It was a very enjoyable time.
We took dessert over. I had always wanted to make a Yule Log, so when Ryan mentioned dessert and something chocolate I decided to try my hand at making Yule Log. It actually was much easier and simpler then I thought it would be. The decorations I made using Marzipan and a mold. It was enjoyed. We also took over pumpkin pie and some cookies Dan made.
It was a Blessed day!

No comments:

Daily scripture