Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Life Happens

This has been a very interesting week.

(1) I found out on Sat. that my SIL has stage 4 breast cancer. Not at all a nice thing to find out. She is fighting it, but still. There is no cancer in her family. There will be future visits (she is about 3 1/2 hours away)


(2) Sunday I get a call from my niece, my husband's youngest brother passed away that morning . Just turned 55 in July. I am not a fan of getting up early (got up at 3:30), but we had 3 1/2 hour drive to San Francisco Airport so Dan could meet up with his oldest brother and the 2 of them flew to Ohio for a week, to help settle their younger brothers affairs and be with his daughters, ages (almost) 16 and just 20. Yes there is a mother, but he was a single dad, he raised them. They are with their mom now and that is where my husband and his brother will stay.


(3) My youngest son broke a bone in his hand and today it was put in a cast of sorts. He is unable to ride his motorcycle at this point. He is off work for 3 days so is coming up tonight. However, not quite half way, he believes the head gasket on his truck blew. He will eventually show up with his truck behind a tow truck--- which he did at 1:20 AM. Considering I had gotten up at 3:30 the morning before I was very ready for some sleep.
What can I say except that life happens. I can just thank my heavenly Father He is there, for all His amazing grace and power and for all He is!!
"When times are good, be happy; but when times are bad, consider: God has made one as well as the other." .....Ecclesiastes 7:14
Have a Blessed day!!!

No comments:

Daily scripture