Saturday, April 16, 2011

Yesterday

There has been so much going on here, I don't know where to begin. We are again down to just the 2 of us. Not a bad thing, since we do enjoy one another. We do miss the kids and wish we could see 'all' of them a little more often. Our youngest son is the one we probably see the most, as his girlfriend lives near here. Thus saying, he comes up at least 1-2 times a month to visit with her, us also. We understand. I have more to post, but that will wait a few days until I get it organized in my brain. Dan & I planned a trip to Yosemite a couple months ago. We wanted to see the 'frazil' ice, but we missed it by at least a month. The weather kept getting in the way (we have had a abundance of rain~~which we do like), then the family visits~~which we enjoy. Next year we will put it on the calendar and go rain or shine. We have lived in the snow and do have cables for the tires. We did go yesterday. We got up early and made a picnic lunch to take. It takes us about 2 hours to get to Yosemite Valley. We knew that rain was forecast in the evening (it didn't arrive). The weather was nice, in the middle 60's and a mix between some light clouds and sun. We watched a coyote cross the road and walk in the direction we were at. One could tell it was forging for some food, and occasionally it would stop, stick his head down and then looked as if it was chewing sometime. You could tell that it was used to people because it wasn't the least bit concerned with anybody.The Ahwahnee Hotel in Yosemite is beautiful. However, it cost per night a little steep for us, but we do like to go in. The workmanship is gorgeous. Some parts of it remind me of the Timberline Lodge on Mt. Hood, OR. Close to the same time during construction, with a rugged look. I love the stained glass windows. Each window has a unique design.
It is interesting, some of the paths to the falls. I love the boardwalk around this boulder as we went to Lower Yosemite Falls. Much easier to make the boardwalk around the boulder then try to move the boulder.
I saw a special on the Chapel in the valley on TV last fall. I understand that there are many weddings there every year. My sister-in-laws niece was married there many years ago. It is a beautiful setting. This picture of Upper Yosemite Falls and Lower Yosemite Falls was happen chance. I saw the view as we were departing the park. Dan pulled into a parking lot and I got out to snap the pic. However, I had to walk the side of the road to get the picture..

If you're not looking out the window you will drive right by the view without even knowing you missed it. Glad I saw it.
Then again, a little family history at the park. so I just had to take a photo.
We we first entered the park it was cloudy. Not knowing what the day would bring we snapped took pictures anyway. As the sun came out the brilliance began to show so we repeated some of our sights and took more pictures.
Bridle Veil Falls. We walked to it in the morning, but it was cloudy and lots of mist from the falls, but lots of water.
As the day progressed more people came into the park. We saw many campers with tents, moterhomes and campers. It is the beginning of Spring Break for many families.


Now a new problem, my closet bar broke this morning, and now that it is fixed I need to go and rehang my clothes.

No comments:

Daily scripture