Friday, December 12, 2008

Life moves on and God gives blessings.

I feel like I have been in a fog lately. With the wedding behind us, and our daughter now a married lady, I have been trying to catch up and focus on what needs to be done now. My dental surgery set me back just a little. I had nothing but soup and cottage cheese for a week and do look forward to solid foods now. I lost 4 pounds and hope to keep them off when real eating resumes. The bruise on my face is just about gone now, it was a very deep purple, approximately 1 inch across and 2 inches long and looked hideous, yet it never hurt.

Last Tuesday was a real joy for my class. Through the generous contributions of - hospital and their Angle Tree program, to give to the community, Santa was able to come and give to the families I serve. To see the looks of anticipation and excitement on those little faces was nothing less then pure joy. The children sang 3 songs for them, gave them a (giant) card which my staff had them make (when I was off for the wedding) and necklaces I prepared with their names and pictures; this was the children's way of saying Thank You. There was a short segment on the late news that night, but that doesn't matter. The generosity of this hospital is beyond bounds. This was truly an event that these families will remember for a very long time. What I have to say is "God truly works in mysterious ways."

_________

We turned the heater on when our other daughter was here for the wedding. The weather had still been warm until that week.. It seemed to work alright, even when we helped up the temperature some. Little did we know. Even though it had been going on it wasn't sufficently heating. To make a long story short, there was part of the unit that we had to have replaced, and I dread the bill. However, it works nicely now. Which is really nice as the central valley is known for it's hideous dreay, foggy days. The sun has been seen in the afternoons, so there is still hope.

I love to decorate for the Christmas season. The colors, the lights, the music, the reason for the season just make it all so special. I am sitting here looking at a tree with just lights on it and the box of decorations on the floor. After I finish here I need to finish some other work. I am hoping to finish decorating this weekend.

I am hoping to get my brain out of a fog and get on with what needs to be done here.
God Bless

2 comments:

Dawn said...

I hope the sun shines through soon - both outside and in your brain! I know the feeling --

Joan said...

Blessings, Dear Sister.
The sun shining always makes me feel better, too.

Have a great weekend.

Daily scripture