Thursday, June 5, 2008

Last minute stuff

Water play with a small pool and sprinklers. That's what we did today. This is a long shot, but they sure had a blast. We had 2 birthdays and they got the long anticipated ice cream they had been promised.

I'm taking a slight break right now. I'd much rather be in bed sleeping then sitting at the computer doing last minute things for the last day of school tomorrow. When my computer crashed, it left me in a bind for a few days, not to mention the time it took to purchase a new one and set it up. All the filing and putting things together. I have always had staff to help me in the past, but not this year and that is a first.
For the last 3 years I have given a photo CD to the families in my class. My gift to them, pictures taken through out the year, memories of their children doing different activities and field trips. I had made a sample CD just a few days before my PC crashed, so all I had to do was down load the photos and make copies. This is minus the tree ceremony we had, however, I did take more photos of the tree and add them. Then it's just a matter of a few clicks and the CD is burned, it just takes time. I just finished around 10:30 tonight. I usually do music for the children, but this year that won't happen. It would just take way to long for me to upload all the music then select the 30 or so songs I download. One the other compute, the music was already there and ready for me to download. It makes me a little sad, because the children and families enjoy it. These are my gifts every year. I have their memory books done, with just one addition to put in, and I my just go in early to finish that. Their take homes are all ready. I am just finishing up their ABC books and I need to make 7 birthday crowns for tomorrow. We make the crowns for the children who have summer birthdays and don't get to share their special day in class with their friends. They are excitedly looking forward to that.

Then tomorrow after all is done and everything is turned in I need to prepare for a trip to OR. So when I get home it is laundry to do and grocery shopping for those staying home, it is just dad and I going. This will be the first long trip we have taken without at least one of our kids, it feels a little strange.

No comments:

Daily scripture